MyCIMA

How many hours should I study a per day?

Replies : 5
Keywords: study hours
Hi all, I would like to know If I work full-time, how many hours should I work everyday to pass in the exams? someone can help?

Study hours

There isn't an easy answer to this, it depends on your ability and aptitude, whether you can concentrate after a long day at work and whether you're self studying or also having courses. 

Basically, I'd say quality is more important the quantity.  Question practice and note writing (especially mind maps) more valuable than reading and days off are also important. 

I passed all my exams by doing two hours, two evenings a week and 8 hours on Sunday and I did weekend revision classes but no taught courses.

Make sure you comfortable with the syllabus a month before the exams so the final month is revision and question practice only.  Work out how long you've got between now and then and write yourself a study timetable then don't let yourself get behind with it. 

Good luck, Cat

Study

I agree with CAT. Everyone has different study plans. Some people do very little study and rely on question practice. I scan read most of the text and broke it down into very simple notes I could revise quickly. A lot depends on the study material you use. I found BBP very slow to get through and I was getting nowhere. When I used Kaplan material the text was easier to digest and I could get through it a lot quicker. Before starting a plan read through a few chapters and find out how long it takes you to thoroughly understand it/make notes and base the level of study needed on this giving plenty of time for revision and question practice. Good luck.

Thanks

thanks everyone.

I much appreciate your advises.

revision

For the strategic level I was doing three hours every day including weekends.

Essentially I would recommend to go through the book only once but make sure you understand every topic well. Then use the passcards to keep refreshing your memory.

I would practice exam questions after that for two months before the exams. And then I would keep practicing my timings to ensure that I could every question in the specified time limit.

strategic

The Dude wrote:

For the strategic level I was doing three hours every day including weekends.

Essentially I would recommend to go through the book only once but make sure you understand every topic well. Then use the passcards to keep refreshing your memory.

I would practice exam questions after that for two months before the exams. And then I would keep practicing my timings to ensure that I could every question in the specified time limit.

Hey dude!!

when you say you did 3 hours a day was that over a 6 month period or a year?