MyCIMA

CIMA local bank account

Replies : 1
It's always a hassle making payments to CIMA! While completing last years survey forms I proposed that a local CIMA bank account be created here in South Africa to ease payments. I don't have a credit card and I'm sure a lot of struggling students also share my dilemma. Most bank employees simply display ignorance when I enquire about a bank draft with no stated bank account! Besides, my experience 2 years back (a bank refused to approve a bank draft to the UK) makes me shy away from this option. I'm not sure if others share my opinion. Making direct bank deposits into a local bank account will be a lot easier. My ACCA friends have this luxury. As you can imagin, we spend lots of energy trying to prove which body is better!

CIMA local bank account

I totally relate to your frustrations. I'm in a country where I'll be charged to have the draft in pounds, charged for processing the draft and then I have to pay USD$35 to post the draft to CIMA as the local office no longer has a facility for bulk mail to CIMA.

It would be much easier if the country offices were to have an account into which payments could be made. I understand there may be exchange rate issues but I guess that's why we're  all trained to manage risks & get the best out of it:) After all, there has to be SOME local service for the subs we pay.