MyCIMA

May 2010 - E1 & E2 Papers

Replies : 6

Hi All,

In the new syllabus it is possible to appear for E1 & E2 papers together ? please clarify...

Since the syllabus handbook it states "

Within each learning pillar, students are advised to sit and pass

the operational level subject examination before sitting the

management level subject. However, examinations from different

learning pillars, at either operational or management level, may be

sat concurrently. Students are recommended to sit no more than

three examinations at any single diet, in order to optimise

the probability of success."

So i am assuming one cannott sit for E2 until clearing E1? Please clarify?

E1-E2

Do you have the text books already? when are they going to be available?

Text Books

I got mine yesterday for E1 & P2. They are available now.

You can sit  E1 & E2 together, yes. But it is advised that you sit the level 1 papers before level 2.

Becuase of the Mgmt level being split into 2 now, some people who started under the old standards will have no choice but to sit a 1 and 2 paper together from the same pillar. 

E1 & E2

You can do it.  It's not recommended.  From what I've found talking to tutors etc:

Preferably, you'd do the "2" paper having passed the "1" at a previous sitting.  So if you do a 1 and a 2 in the same sitting, they should be different pillars.

You can do both the "1" and the "2" in a pillar together.  Especially if (like me), they're the only operational or management papers you have left.  Or you're resitting the "1" having narrowly missed out on a pass last time.

You shouldn't do the "2" paper having never attempted (or even failed) the "1" in that pillar.

E2 material for 2010

I have the BPP book (P5 with 2005 syllabus) do you know if it is ok for the exam in 2010? what are the parts to be integrated with the new syllabus?

May 2010 - E1 & E2 Papers

I'm starting the Operational level this coming year, and I spoke to CIMA yesterday and they said while it is fine to do E1 and E2 in the same sitting, their recommendation was to do P1 & F1 in May, and then E1 & F2 in November.

Does that sound about right to people here? Anyone who has done might be able to shed some light on the matter?

Cheers.

Siting papers in the same pillar together

As Mahesh says above, CIMA guidance is as follows, "Within each learning pillar, students are advised to sit and pass the operational level subject examination before sitting the management level subject. However, examinations from different learning pillars, at either operational or management level, may be sat concurrently". So, you can sit E1 and E2 at the same sitting but we don't advise that you do so. As the new syllabus is progressive, with each level buildng on the previous one, to give yourself the best chance of success, you should sit the operational level paper before the management paper in the same pillar. The exam rules do allow students to sit both togther but we don't advise it.  If you visit the main CIMAGLOBAL site, there is lots of advice on the new syllabus including transition guides and a study guide for each paper. These guides compare old and new papers, pointing out any content changes, changes to the verbs and levels of difficulty etc. Use this link to find out more: http://www1.cimaglobal.com/cps/rde/xchg/SID-0AE7C4D1-DB302E29/live/root.xsl/34814.htm

Hope this helps

Jackie Durham

CIMAsphere Moderator