MyCIMA

P1 Results

Replies : 39

Here is a place for all students who sat P1 in November to talk about how they did once the results are released on Tuesday 15 January.

How did you do?

If you have not yet received your exam results please read this FAQ blog post about exam results before posting.

Jack

CIMA Community Manager

Results..

E1 - 56

F1 - 56

P1 - 51

3 first time passes, and without dedicating too much revision time due to having a chaotic 4 months from starting study to sitting exams. (Moving home, changing Job (internally) and going through a visa application process, all whilst trying to study. 

happy with the passes, not the scores but I'll soon forget about that. I knew P1 was going to be tight as I missed two questions (total of 7 marks), and ignored (purposefully) the tax calc from the section C NPV calculation, as I knew I would struggle with it and I didn't have time to faff about. 

Hapy days... Forgetting the percentages already.  

not so well

im dissappointed abit. i didnt make p1 but im not giving up. i was too sick on the day of my exam. if i want to re-sit, is it only in march or can i sit in may. in may i wanted to write f2 and e1. and when is the closing entry date for all resit exams?

res

Ben, it seems you did a great job with the whole operational level at one and the same time.. and you are right who cares about the percentages :)))

I passed just P1 - 62 and I am so happyyyy! I had  almost the same situation with prep as you - at work was like nightmare, my 4 years old son got chikenpox and went to  a hospital 2 weeks before the exam. I had a flihgt to catch for a business trip at very same day of the exam -less than two hours between the end of the exam and the flight.. so I missed 4 five marks questions, and concentrated on the C section - obviously it gave results :)

Good luck to everyone

Passed!

E1 - 71%

F1 - 73%

P1 - 86%

Very happy with those, especially for saying how badly I thought the E1 paper had gone! 

results

E1 61%

P1 59%

F1 78%

So happy, I was really demotivated after the exams 

All passed!

E1 : 59 P1 : 68 F1 : 80   yeahhhhhhh!   Thanks all for your advices :) 

P1

50, passed, so happy!!!!!!!

P1

74!!!!!!!!!!!!  So happy, does anyone know what letters you can use after your name once you have completed the ops level? :)

Result!

WELL DONE everyone! after a sleepless night got results email at 3.27am!

P1 - 55

F1 - 63

E1 - 70

Amazed that I managed to pass  P1 as really struggled with the topic.  On to P2 on its own in time for May.  

P1

Congratulations to all.

I somehow seemed to miss the pot again on this one, got 42% for P1. So now its back to the grinding hill for me.

Quick question to the passes: Which text did you use? Kaplan or BPP?

Rochelle reply - BPP

Rochelle Leaner wrote:

Congratulations to all.

I somehow seemed to miss the pot again on this one, got 42% for P1. So now its back to the grinding hill for me.

Rochelle, I used BPP but did study and revision classes too! 

Steven reply

Thanks Steven. I also used BPP, like the text, it was easy to understand.

Think I did too little practice questions, and took too much time trying to figure out the NPV question in the exams.

Congrats

Dear All,

Congrats to all those that passed exams today. Don't forget to celebrate with family and friends and Twitter and Facebook, and be proud of what you have achieved today. Let other students know what are the changes you made to your studies to pass this time round.

For those of you that may be disappointed, don't lose heart. It can be a long hard road, but it is worth it in the end. Before you make any decisions about your next move, read Jack's FAQ blog post as above.

Regards

Petrina

CIMAsphere Moderator

P1 Results

I'm a happy man today.

P1 79%

P2 81%

just glad the wait is over and can now move on to E2 / F2.

P1 and E1

Congratulations to all those who passed.

Got 87 in P1 and 70 in E1. Happy! :)

In hindisght, now I think I should've given F1 as well.  

P1 - what text?

Rochelle Leaner wrote:

Congratulations to all.

I used Kaplan, wouldn't recommend the text book, but the question and revision kit was very useful.  I also read 'past first time' which really helped focus me on giving the examiner what they wanted.  It recommends not going back to the text book but concentrating on practice questions and reviewing the examiners suggested answers.  Good luck for next time.

I passed thankfully. I got 69, and am really pleased as after I seen the answers online I thought I had either failed or scraped a pass at most.

Now on to F1 and E2, it's my first time doing 2 papers, so fingers x'd

Sam

Op level cleared, need guidance for Mgmt level

Hi All,

Luckily, I managed to clear Op level in flat 2 mths' time. However, I doubt 2 mths study and sticking to Kaplan study text would work  for Mgmt level.

While I aim to start studies by this weekend, could you pls suggest whether sticking to official study seems good idea for Mgmt level?

I stuck to Kaplan official text, and managed to score 61 in E1, 58 in P1 (which I believed was a battle lost) and 71 in F1. Not sure whether it will work in May!

Congratulation!

I successfully passed my first CIMA exam!

P1 53

I didn't have enough time to prepare. Fortunately, I passed!

I'm a happy and surprised!

P1 and E1 Help

First of all Congratulations to everyone that passed.

I got 41% for P1 and 43% for E1 - quite disappointed.

What id like to ask is for those of you who passed.  How did you go about studying for these exams?

Specifically how did you break down the text and what do you think helped you most? 

P1 and E1 Help

Susan Hunter wrote:

What id like to ask is for those of you who passed.  How did you go about studying for these exams?

Specifically how did you break down the text and what do you think helped you most? 

Hi Susan,

here's what I did to pass E1, F1 first time:

I self-studied at home using the official Kaplan CIMA books and internet resources, especially wikipedia. After working through the books and taking notes, I broke the content into smaller chunks using memory maps so that eventually each chapter's worth of content fitted onto a single side of A4, using keywords and abbreviations as triggers to aid memory. I also read a lot of financial press (FT, bloomberg, reuters etc) to contextualise the course content to help my understanding and to make it easier to apply my knowledge to exam questions, especially useful for E1.

Above all, I devoted a lot of time to past exam papers, using the Kaplan past exam books and the past exam papers on the CIMA website to practise the full range of questions to help me anticipate any question in the exams and to get used to answering questions within the aloted time limit. Practising past exams was key. I spent around 1.5 months learning the content and 1 month practising questions and revising.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Marc

failed again - 46%

On my second attempt and seems I only improved by 3% from the first time! :(

Very disappointed, especially seeing as I thought I'd pass this time. My technique on this occasion was to go through as many of the past papers as possible.

I've been thinking about doing the online courses, can anyone vouch for them? My company does not sponser me through it and so I'm wondering if paying for this will help me to learn it all better.

Congrats to everyone else though. 

P1 and E1 Help

Marc wrote:
Susan Hunter wrote:

Hi Susan,

here's what I did to pass E1, F1 first time:

I self-studied at home using the official Kaplan CIMA books and internet resources, especially wikipedia. After working through the books and taking notes, I broke the content into smaller chunks using memory maps so that eventually each chapter's worth of content fitted onto a single side of A4, using keywords and abbreviations as triggers to aid memory. I also read a lot of financial press (FT, bloomberg, reuters etc) to contextualise the course content to help my understanding and to make it easier to apply my knowledge to exam questions, especially useful for E1.

Above all, I devoted a lot of time to past exam papers, using the Kaplan past exam books and the past exam papers on the CIMA website to practise the full range of questions to help me anticipate any question in the exams and to get used to answering questions within the aloted time limit. Practising past exams was key. I spent around 1.5 months learning the content and 1 month practising questions and revising.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Marc

Marc,

1.5 months - means how many hours daily + weekends?

Study for P1

Susan Hunter wrote:

Hi Susan

I would recommend you avoid just reading/copying notes from the study text, if you've found yourself doing this.

I printed off all of the past exam papers and attempted at least half of one of these each night, or at least every other night.

I also printed off the 'useful articles' from the CIMA website, which I did have a read of to give me real life examples of issues that you might get in the exam. These also helped me to approach questions differently, and to also have examples ready for in the exam.

I would just suggest practicing questions and more questions, preferably Section B & C questions. I find that most of the theory/notes from the study text you do not quite need, as practical experience of questions is more useful.

Hope this helps

Sam

E1, P1, F1

I passed all 56, 58, 51 and i m so happy, preps was hectic, flying from Afghanistan and landing home in less than 4 day b4 exams and also lossing my passport, it was so hectic but through Almight, i did it. here i come for menagerial- its gonna be a revenge

P1 - Missed

Just Missed P1 - 47 but as I covered the whole thing in five weeks along with moving house not a huge suprise - resit booked and plan is to also prepare for  P2 ready for May at the same time as this is my last Ops paper.

Kaplan Utilmate Learning Experience

Hi All

I just about to embark on Kaplan Ultimtae Learning Experience (ULE)- Live Online for the Tuition, Revision and QBD.

I just wanted some advice from students as to what their experiences are with Kaplan ULE? Good points/bad points etc?

Thanks

P1, P2

Mark wrote:

I'm a happy man today.

P1 79%

P2 81%

just glad the wait is over and can now move on to E2 / F2.

Hi Mark,
You know for once i thought taking P1 and P2 at the same time wont do me good but i can see you have done so well. Congratulations! any advice on to help me pass P1 and P2 in may? i will be sitting for both but thought it would be hard to combine them.

P1

Passed with 50. Quite happy & will start study for E1 & F1. Quite worried for F1.

P1 asssistance q 1.5

Can someone please go through q 1.5 on the Nov 12 paper with me as for the life of me I can not work this one out. I mmake it B but iit should be D and I cant work out where i am going wrong on this one.

Thanks