MyCIMA

P3 results

Replies : 53

Here is a place for all students who sat P3 in November to talk about how they did once the results are released on Tuesday 15 January.

How did you do?

If you have not yet received your exam results please read this FAQ blog post about exam results before posting.

Jack

CIMA Community Manager

F3 = 60 , P3 = 74 but E3 = 42 :(

P3

Got 57 ;)

First attempt - Self study

P3=53 , E=43, F3=46

Was my first attempt. I only had bpp text and revision kits. No tution or revision classes at all.

Strategic level is over

Got 53 and passed this last paper of strategic level. Thanks God that strategic level is over now.

Congratulations to all those who passed

Cheers

FINALLY FINISHED STRATEGIC LEVEL !

F3 - 50%

No way did I think I'd passed this exam. Was dreading tonight & opening that email.

Well done those who passed exams. Keep going you others, you will get there :0)

Passed P3

P3=54% F3=34% E3=43%

First attempt at Strategic level and really thought I'd failed all three, so this is a great result to pass P3!!

Good luck to everyone else, hope anyone who had similar feelings over their expected results also gets a pleasant surprise!

Les 

Passed some :-)

First attempt passed E3 & P3 failed F3. Very plaesed with these results!

Hard work paid off

Woo hooo.......results came thro at 3:16 tis morning - I was waiting for them!!

E3 = 66%

F3 = 64%

P3 = 61%

Absolutely delighted! Now - for T4... 

Finally!

P3 finally decided to play along! Off to T4 in May, then the oyster that is the world will swiftly open up... :-)

Passed!

Passed all 3

P3 - 53 which I would have hoped to have got a better mark.  But a pass is a pass!

Results!

Dear All,

Congrats to all those that passed. For those of you on the home straight, T4 part B is available to students on PC for Mar 2013 exams in certain countries. 

Click here for a list of exam centres

Exam dates for paper exams run from 25th February-01st March, see all exam dates.

Exam entry deadline for these exams is 22nd January 2013.

For those who want an extra few months, exam entry for May 2013 exams opens on 01st February and the deadline is 14th March 2013.

Regards

Petrina

CIMAsphere Moderator

shocked

Farooq wrote:

P3=53 , E=43, F3=46

Was my first attempt. I only had bpp text and revision kits. No tution or revision classes at all.

Same here, even worse. Kaplan study text + revision kits... P3-44, E3-47, F3-46. Unbelivable

Glad Strategy Level is over

Really relieved, Passed all three on the first attempt.

Now bring on the T4 Part B :)

Well done to all those that passed, and good luck to everyone that is going to attempt the exams either as a rewrite next month or in May 2013

Passed all 3!

E3 = 64, P3 = 62, F3 = 62.

Boom!

T4 prepare to get slaughtered!!!

Failed by a mile

Failed with 35%, my lowest score. The thing is I sat all 3 back in May 2012 and didn't even pick up the text book for P3 as I concentrated on F3 & E3 (passing both), my score for P3 last May with no work whatsoever was 40% !!

I'm absolutely shellshocked at my result as I felt more confident with this exam than any of the others I have sat. I would be prepared to accept if I was a couple of % short of the pass mark (I've been a borderline pass for most papers) but I truely just cannot understand why I did so badly. I time managed myself well and made sure I nailed a number of points in the questions frequently referring to the case / questions. In terms of preparation I read the text and answered a number of questions from the exam kit.

I'm obviously miles from the mark in terms of my understanding of this syllabus. I'm just wondering if there is anyone out there who is in a similar situation to me ?

Got it first time

Oh my, oh my, I'm soooooo happy for a pass--53% in this paper but failed the other two, will go back again hopefully in Feb/March.

Big smiles :)

P3

I can totally sympathise with you George as what happened to you, happened to me as well.

Passed E3 (68) and F3 (75) in May studying P3 very little and scoring 46. I approached P3 in November with an ability, knowledge of the subject I have NEVER had in all the other exams before (including the one I have passed easily) and I have scored 35! (I have never scored this low.)

I am tempted to ask for a detailed revision of the paper but it costs a fortune.

George Rose wrote:

Failed with 35%, my lowest score. The thing is I sat all 3 back in May 2012 and didn't even pick up the text book for P3 as I concentrated on F3 & E3 (passing both), my score for P3 last May with no work whatsoever was 40% !!

I'm absolutely shellshocked at my result as I felt more confident with this exam than any of the others I have sat. I would be prepared to accept if I was a couple of % short of the pass mark (I've been a borderline pass for most papers) but I truely just cannot understand why I did so badly. I time managed myself well and made sure I nailed a number of points in the questions frequently referring to the case / questions. In terms of preparation I read the text and answered a number of questions from the exam kit.

I'm obviously miles from the mark in terms of my understanding of this syllabus. I'm just wondering if there is anyone out there who is in a similar situation to me ?

George Rose & tee...

...did you read any of the articles on CIMA's resources list - or watch their videos from previous examiners / markers?

The reason I ask is I found them very helpful in preparing for the exams. They take you away from pure academic learning - & into the realms of what the examiners is hoping to see in an exam answer.

One of the articles in particular from CIMA stuck in my mind: the ex-examiner writing it, said that people often fail at Strategic level, because they concentrate too much on acquiring more & more knowledge, at the expense of practising applying that knowledge to exam type scenarios - & therefore fail to answer the actual question set. What I found interesting was that he also said that people are MORE likely to fail a resit for the same reason: they assume they didn't have enough knowledge the first time around & work on that for the resit, learning more & more models & facts etc - when really they should probably trust the knowledge they have already gained - & concentrate instead on practising answering questions. 

Maybe a helpful pointer as you prepare for a resit? Good luck anyway :-)

P3

Thanks for your reply Carolyn. I found your comments very interesting.

As we've passed a number of exams already, I believe it is fairly clear that practice is vital to pass CIMA exams.

I cannot speak for George, but in my case, so far I have not been bad not only at scoring with CIMA (P3 is the first exam I fail) but also at anticipating my score (including, how I did at the exam) in essence understanding what the markers value and delivering to them.

George's post grabbed my attention because this results clearly shows I am off the page on P3 (and I would say, on P3 only, given the results so far). I have approach the exam differently, focusing on logic and practice, thinking that I would have scored largely better and it was the exact opposite!

Tee..

Hi Tee

I was in no way inferring that you didn't know how to pass CIMA exams....it is obvious that you do, of course! It just made me think of the article I read, as mentioned, with 2nd time results being lower than 1st time...no offence intended - or taken I hope.

Frustrating, but I'm sure you'll find your way around it - & P3 will click...good luck.

tee..

Sorry Carolyn I didn't mean to be so abrasive in the answer and, obviously, didn't want to offend you in any way.

Many apologies! 

I am furious, that's it.

All the best!

tee...

Hey, no offence, I promise...! :-)

You'd think this day & age there would be a better way to test our compentancy than 3 hours spent at a desk writing madly, trying to interpret what a faceless examiner meant by his/her question...I understand your annoyance! 

P3

P3 = 57 Last of my strategic papers. Finally passed by focusing on my time management. 

Good luck to those sitting or resitting the next set of exams in March/May. If you didn't get the result (s) you want this time, please do not be disheartened.....most of us have been there. Just keep trying and you will get there in the end

George Rose & tee

Carolyn Forshaw wrote:

...did you read any of the articles on CIMA's resources list - or watch their videos from previous examiners / markers?

The reason I ask is I found them very helpful in preparing for the exams. They take you away from pure academic learning - & into the realms of what the examiners is hoping to see in an exam answer.

One of the articles in particular from CIMA stuck in my mind: the ex-examiner writing it, said that people often fail at Strategic level, because they concentrate too much on acquiring more & more knowledge, at the expense of practising applying that knowledge to exam type scenarios - & therefore fail to answer the actual question set. What I found interesting was that he also said that people are MORE likely to fail a resit for the same reason: they assume they didn't have enough knowledge the first time around & work on that for the resit, learning more & more models & facts etc - when really they should probably trust the knowledge they have already gained - & concentrate instead on practising answering questions. 

Maybe a helpful pointer as you prepare for a resit? Good luck anyway :-)

Thanks for the advice, I read a number of the articles which I sourced from CIMA's resources for P3 but I don't recall the one you are referring to but I will have another look. I think perhaps more emphasis on question practice than textbook revision is in order (although my approach for P3 was no different from the exams I have passed).

Congratulations to all those who have passed.

P3 Mark

Feel as miffed as George. Scored 38 myself on P3 exam, but passed the other two at the November 2012 sitting. Something not clicking on P3 and it is either my knowledge of the syllabus or my exam technique. Hopefully sort it out over the next few months. Some very strange questions in the November 2012 paper!!! Good luck to everyone next time round and congrats to those who passed this exam. 

George Rose wrote:

P3

Hi Guys!!

Congratulations for all who passed!!

Please check this out for P3, for the ones who coudn't make it this time. It looks interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh87YuphUWg

Cheers!! 

P3

P3 is certainly a strange one.  I sat and passed in May 12 and remember finding studying for it really dull.  Wasn't expecting to pass but scraped through.  It is an exam that you can pass without a lot of text book knowledge, perhaps more so than any other exam in the syllabus.

P3

re sat this twice and then get this exam which was a dream got 70%. Congrats to Sharon who did all three first time and passed them all wish id done that in the first place

J

tricky paper

Can't believe how did you do 74 on such a tricky paper!

Vivek Ganatra wrote:

agree, p3 is a strange one..

when I was leaving Exam hall after E3 I was thinking that I fail this exam. The reason is this tricky calculation  which I messed up in 1 question.

But today I have received the result. And it was 62 marks for E3. Such a wonderfull news. 

E3 62

F3 64

P3 53

By the way, I thought that I did P3 so well, so perfect, completed everything, had an answer plan for all parts. I thought I will have more than 70 and will become a prizewinner)))

But how was I confused when I have got 53 marks only..

still I went through! So, T4 is coming))